Discuss the development of FANTASIA games here!

HomeRegisterLog in
Re:Set is now released~

Share | 

English otome games?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
~chel
Fantasia Legendary Bard
Fantasia Legendary Bard

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:54 pm

~Lietenant Red Gummi Ana wrote:
Chelliebear, have I ever mentioned that

I love you

However, I want to ask: how do we patch the game?

<3<3<3 :3 <3<3<3 I shall put instructions for everyone~ it was pretty tricky the first time I did it XD

Ok, I shall assume that you have windows. If you don't already have the game, download here:

http://www.filestube.com/6c1143bbf22a5d8703ea,g/starry-sky-in-spring-[taiyo-no-hana-blogspot-com].html

YOU NEED THE GAME BEFORE YOU CAN APPLY THE PATCH. Though this should be fairly obvious. Smile

Then download the patch from here:

megaupload.com 95TOOEEV

ALERT: It takes up a crapload of space (around 840mb for the game, and another 400mb for the patch), so make sure you have enough to start!

Random advice- make a neat file for your junk unloads so they don't confuse all of your files. Put this on your desktop, or in your Games folder if you have one. This is so you can just create a shortcut from the game to play it (SHORTCUT- don't drag the .exe file out or most games won't work) and keep all of the fancy techie stuff separate. Then voila, you can have a tidy Games folder and all of the technical stuff and the actual game somewhere else. Smile

This is exactly what I did after downloading the patch and the game parts. If you already have a working copy of the game, skip to step 10.

1- Download Daemon Tools Lite if you don't already have it. Put it somewhere you can find easily. I have it as a gadget on my desktop (windows 7). If you want to add on a trial of Daemon Tools Pro, do this also.

2- Put all of the .rar part files into a new folder named Starry Sky in Spring. You can also put the patch file in here if you wish.

3- Select and extract ALL of the part files together with the Winrar application. You should end up with another .rar named [Otome Game] Starry Sky in Spring. Leave the patch .rar alone for now.

4- Make another folder called Starry Sky- Parts inside [Starry Sky in Spring] and drag all of those parts that you just used into here. It keeps them out of the way.

5- Extract the Otome Game .rar. You should end up with an ISO file that is 875,282kb.

6- Open Daemon tools.
Click 'Add Virtual Device'. It should show up at the bottom.

7-
Click 'Add Image' and find your ISO file.

8- Now click the Virtual Drive you added and click 'Mount'. You'll get directed to the 'find file' box. Just find your ISO file again and 'ok' it.

9- Something awesome will happen here and you'll get a cute pink icon with S*S, and a setup should run. Just follow the 'next' thing and let it install.

IF IT INSTALLS IN YOUR C DRIVE: PROGRAM FILES, REMEMBER WHERE IT IS AND MAKE SURE YOU CAN FIND IT.

~~~10- Your Japanese game should now be installed on your computer, but will still be in Japanese. Find your patch .rar in your directory (if following previous steps, should be in a neatly-named folder named Starry Sky). Extract it if you haven't already.

11- You should get a yellow icon with a small arrow in it. It's an Application file, so it's not hard to miss.

12- The patch screen will pop up. The good thing about this is that you don't need a patch program to patch the Japanese game.

13- When you have to enter the directory of the Japanese game, DON'T navigate to the ISO file. You need to find the installed game in your Program Files and select all of the files.

>> It will be in a folder called 'asgard', which will then lead to [Starry(tm)SkyinSpring]. Open this up, and you'll see the files with the pink icon in the middle somewhere. Ctrl A for all of these and click 'open'.

14- There will be a short delay, but if you've done the previous steps correctly it should ask if you want to apply the patch. Click 'start' and the patching process will begin.

15- When the patching is over and you've pressed 'finish', just send a shortcut of the pink icon to your desktop (NOT the actual pink icon!) and pop in your Games folder. Then you can play. Smile

P.s. when you've already installed the game and patched it, don't worry about unmounting the ISO file. You don't need it after you've been through the installation setup. Also, if you're space-conscious, after making sure that the game works you can delete the ISO file (and the .rar parts folder if you want).

There are a few odd icons through the game where the punctuation hasn't programmed properly. But overall, it's perfectly understandable. And fun~ :3

Enjoy! <3

Like a Star @ heaven ~Much love for my supersisters of the ACK team, Clara and (Pika)Chu~ And the ultimate tea twin, The Monkey Ninja~!! Like a Star @ heaven
xo ANABEAR! SAYURI! I LOVE YOU! Lovely wives <3 xo

Last edited by ~Chocolate Gummi Chel on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
~chel
Fantasia Legendary Bard
Fantasia Legendary Bard

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Yah, I'm posting a lot today. But if you have a spare seven hours minute, check these out:

http://www.castlechase.com/index.htm

This is a cute RPG-style game where you are trying to find a date for a princess. It's Otome-Style and will occupy you for a good couple of hours. When you unlock all endings you get a teaser video of the second in-production installment :3

(HYDE <3)

And if you're into more text-based stories... (as in REALLY heavily text-based multiple choice games):

http://www.choiceofgames.com/

The Dragon game and Broadsides games are complete, but the vampire and romance one have continuations that are still in production. Still, they all come HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. All of them. There's romance in all of them, but really- PLAY THEM. They are. SO. Good.

(Ta to sayuri for the link to these XD)

Like a Star @ heaven ~Much love for my supersisters of the ACK team, Clara and (Pika)Chu~ And the ultimate tea twin, The Monkey Ninja~!! Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by ~Chocolate Gummi Chel on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ana
Immortal
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:15 pm

~Chocolate Gummi Chel wrote:
Yah, I'm posting a lot today. But if you have a spare seven hours minute, check these out:

http://www.castlechase.com/index.htm

This is a cute RPG-style game where you are trying to find a date for a princess. It's Otome-Style and will occupy you for a good couple of house. When you unlock all endings you get a teaser video of the second in-production installment :3

(HYDE <3)

And if you're into more text-based stories... (as in REALLY heavily text-based multiple choice games):

http://www.choiceofgames.com/

The Dragon game and Broadsides games are complete, but the vampire and romance one have continuations that are still in production. Still, they all come HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. All of them. There's romance in all of them, but really- PLAY THEM. They are. SO. Good.

(Ta to sayuri for the link to these XD)

After you told me about the multiple choice ones, I gave them a try and they really are good. Really. Can't wait for the next romance one.

By the way, Chel, MSN?
Back to top Go down
azureXtwilight
Epitome of Trollness
Epitome of Trollness

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:41 am

Royal Chelness,

I hereby bow down to you O.O

Rafael: Psst! Down here! Just tell her: "you have beautiful eyes".
Blu: That's good! Great idea!
Blu: I have beautiful eyes.
Jewel : Uhhh, okay?
Back to top Go down
http://fantasiagames.bestfreeforum.us
Dee
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:31 am

EDIT YET AGAIN: The same thing happened to me: the game is working alright, but IT WON'T TAKE THE PATCH. I tried reinstaling it, moving the folder somewhere else, NUTHIN WORKS. D:

Sir Kirroha: [Aurelio] gets thrown around a lot apparently.
Sir Kirroha: But it's okay, because being thrown around = monetary compensation get

Last edited by Dee on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:51 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
rin966
Immortal
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:39 am

Dee wrote:
Hey, Chel, part 6 of Starry Sky in Spring isn't working~

I downloaded everything but goddamned mediafire won't work~

I keep clicking on the download button but I only refresh the page~

What a Face

*FRUSTATION*
The usual sickness of mediafire.......... AND THAT WHAT HAPPEN TO ME TOO!!!! CURSE YOU MEDIAFIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!! *shouting out of rage*

Proud Team Members
Proud Team Members

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:45 am

The Japanese starry sky is working perfectly well, but no matter how many times I try over and over again it won't take the English patch. Do you know why I can't get it to english?

Back to top Go down
akatsukiwolf19
Battle Veteran
Battle Veteran

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:55 am

Awsome I've wanted to play this thank you it works!

Immortal

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:49 am

And the game itself is being epic. *glomps Chel* Thanks once again~
Back to top Go down
Sleix
Senior Adventurer
Senior Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:37 am

Chel!
Thou art my hero x.x

Wuvs you >.<

Immortal

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:23 am

~Royal Green Gummi Sleix wrote:

Thou art my hero x.x

Hurray for Sleix who joined the Archaic English Users Club~ XD

*shot*
Back to top Go down
~chel
Fantasia Legendary Bard
Fantasia Legendary Bard

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:50 am

~Lietenant Red Gummi Ana wrote:
~Royal Green Gummi Sleix wrote:

Thou art my hero x.x

Hurray for Sleix who joined the Archaic English Users Club~ XD

*shot*

Apart from my inventive use of words like 'dudettes', 'ixy', 'kooky', 'awesomeness', 'pile of *insert random object/item/swearword/person* here', 'crapness'... there are more, but I cba to write moar 'cause I'm writing something random... I have a habit of using onomatopoeias to express what I mean in conversations. Very Happy

"YES OH MY GOD IT WAS SO UTTERLY KABOOSH"
"Just one of those grargh days"
"... And then it fell on onto the floor and I was all 'SHBLAHZOOBUNIZLLE'
"FSHHZZZZZ!!!!!"
"And this could also be used to reflect the ongoing theme of war in the, no wait as- AFKASCAHDSBFGAJHDGF"

.... yeah. You know when I somethimes go 'KJSBNDVJHBSDJV' in online convos? I do that when I'm talking and trip myself up, too XD I talk WAY too fast.

ANYWAY TOTALLY ANECDOTAL USELESS STUFF ABOVE IGNORE IT AND SJD

What I was getting at is. I usually speak like pretty archaically most of the time XD I have a fondness for words that 90% of people who aren't my friends don't understand. I like Victorian speech way too much,

ARCHAIC IS WIN. FACT.

And now for something completely different!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPONH2j4In8
The crappest advert ever to reach our television screens! With added remix Cool

Back to top Go down
sayuri
Battle Veteran
Battle Veteran

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:45 am

It isn't otome at all but Shira Oka is (sorta) out. I say sorta because the OSX version isn't out and the extended demo they just released is plenty buggy. Regardless, it is just too fa-bu-lous and shiny to pass up. http://www.shira-oka.com/

Ana
Immortal
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:53 pm

Apart from my inventive use of words like 'dudettes', 'ixy', 'kooky', 'awesomeness', 'pile of *insert random object/item/swearword/person* here', 'crapness'... there are more, but I cba to write moar 'cause I'm writing something random... I have a habit of using onomatopoeias to express what I mean in conversations. Very Happy

"YES OH MY GOD IT WAS SO UTTERLY KABOOSH"
"Just one of those grargh days"
"... And then it fell on onto the floor and I was all 'SHBLAHZOOBUNIZLLE'
"FSHHZZZZZ!!!!!"
"And this could also be used to reflect the ongoing theme of war in the, no wait as- AFKASCAHDSBFGAJHDGF"

.... yeah. You know when I somethimes go 'KJSBNDVJHBSDJV' in online convos? I do that when I'm talking and trip myself up, too XD I talk WAY too fast.

ANYWAY TOTALLY ANECDOTAL USELESS STUFF ABOVE IGNORE IT AND SJD

What I was getting at is. I usually speak like pretty archaically most of the time XD I have a fondness for words that 90% of people who aren't my friends don't understand. I like Victorian speech way too much,

ARCHAIC IS WIN. FACT.

It so~ is. *o* And about these onomateopeias (wiki for the ones which didn't get it: a word that imitates or suggests the source of the sound that it describes.) - do you use them in speech or only while typing? 'Coz I can't possibly imagine pronouncing "AFKASCAHDSBFGAJHDGF" XD *shot*

Anyhow, I really speak way too fast, but that's another topic.

Sayu, about the game. It looks cute~ Unfortunately is paid. Which is sad for people lacking credit cards. Gonna give the demo a shot, though.
Back to top Go down
azureXtwilight
Epitome of Trollness
Epitome of Trollness

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:39 pm

DOWNLOADING STARRY SKY DROVE ME CRAZZZZYYY DX

Back to top Go down
Ana
Immortal
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:03 pm

azureXtwilight wrote:

LOL. Diddya manage to do it?
Back to top Go down
~chel
Fantasia Legendary Bard
Fantasia Legendary Bard

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:14 pm

azureXtwilight wrote:

When I was downloading it I thought it might XD It took me 3 hours to download all parts and the patch on a shared wireless and I remember thinking as it was finishing "OMG THIS WILL TAKE FOREVER FOR CLARA TO DOWNLOAD" XD

Back to top Go down
azureXtwilight
Epitome of Trollness
Epitome of Trollness

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:17 pm

azureXtwilight wrote:

When I was downloading it I thought it might XD It took me 3 hours to download all parts and the patch on a shared wireless and I remember thinking as it was finishing "OMG THIS WILL TAKE FOREVER FOR CLARA TO DOWNLOAD" XD

Six hours already and I just managed to get hold of starry sky part three.rar =_=

Back to top Go down
Sleix
Senior Adventurer
Senior Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:09 am

azureXtwilight wrote:
azureXtwilight wrote:

Six hours already and I just managed to get hold of starry sky part three.rar =_=
haha,
it took me half an hour,
Since I live in my college's dorms, and there was no one in the school because it was closed because of snow,
and everyone in the dorm was sleep I had access to super fast college speeds : D

Immortal

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:25 am

azureXtwilight wrote:
azureXtwilight wrote:

Why Onee-sama not download it in the morning??? It is faster than past 10.00 (My teacher said that)

Newborn user
Newborn user

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Is there any kissing part in it? *bow deeply* my mother will get mad if she saw part of game like that..........
Back to top Go down
Faye Eyre
Newborn user
Newborn user

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:17 pm

Shappire_amber wrote:
Is there any kissing part in it? *bow deeply* my mother will get mad if she saw part of game like that..........

LoL.. ur Mother's is just the same with mine... lol >.<
When there's a kissing scene.. i have to Turn Off my monitor if my mother walks pass me... hahaha~
Back to top Go down
LumenAstrum
Creepy Monochrome Baku

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Faye Eyre wrote:
Shappire_amber wrote:

When there's a kissing scene.. i have to Turn Off my monitor if my mother walks pass me... hahaha~
My mom doesn't. She walks past me and I don't bother hiding the scene. Razz She'll just tell that it shouldn't be more than kissing. xD

my deviantART | my tumblrblog
Back to top Go down
http://lumenastrum.deviantart.com
Faye Eyre
Newborn user
Newborn user

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:03 pm

~Cap'n White Gummi Lumen wrote:
Faye Eyre wrote:
Shappire_amber wrote:

My mom doesn't. She walks past me and I don't bother hiding the scene. Razz She'll just tell that it shouldn't be more than kissing. xD

WOaHH~~~!!! ur mom is very KEWL,lol!!! >.< T.T ur so lucky..
Back to top Go down
Sleix
Senior Adventurer
Senior Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:53 pm

AS long as it isn't X rated,
my mom just makes fun of me, alot

PostSubject: Re: English otome games?   

Back to top Go down

English otome games?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next